Sunday, January 27, 2013


January 24th was a great day. I got to see something I have wanted to see for a very long time. We went to Schloß Schönbrunn, or the imperial palace of the Habsburgs, the rulers of Austria Hungary for several hundred years. I have heard so much about this palace and learned about it in classes in school, and it was so special to visit it. My internet does not work, but you can just google Schonbrunn Palace and it will tell you all about it. We toured the inside, which was quite touristy but it was still a fun experience. After this, we went to Stephansdom, or the very old cathedral of Vienna. Four of us and Dr. Moser climbed up to the top (well, as high as they will let you go) and looked out. It was an amazing view, totally worth the 500 steps up the tiny spiral staircase. I love climbing up to the tops of cathedrals like that. I have been to the one in Cologne as well, and from now on, I plan to do that in every city I go to that has one. After that, it was time for Jause of course, so we had some more tortes, which is a special cake. They were spot on like usual. If I lived here I would be so fat. After a little break, we went to dinner at a Turkish sit down restaurant where I had some of the best hummus I have ever had. A theme here is good food if you can’t already tell. Then, four of us went to the Weiner Eistraum, which is an ice skating rink outside, in the downtown. However, it is nothing like you have seen before. This one is humongous. It had two huge main areas and then ways to go down paths in the trees and past beautiful buildings. I had so much fun ice skating in downtown Vienna!

No comments:

Post a Comment