Thursday, January 31, 2013


This was our last day in Vienna! I’m sad to leave this wonderful, beautiful city, but I’m very excited to see Hungary. Today, we did a walking tour of the Holocaust in Vienna where we just walked around the city and found the plaques dedicated to the Holocaust. Unfortunately, they are few and far between, and they are all on the sidewalk and fairly discreet. It was hard to find some of them, but nevertheless at least they are there. After this, we headed to the Hundertwasserhouse apartments. They are very famous, strange apartment buildings in Vienna. Google them because, again, my internet isn’t really working. They are worth a look! The floors and walls are not flat and every unit is different. I don’t think I could live in them for very long though. Then, we headed to dinner where I had a wonderful pork dish with potatoes. After this, it was time to pack up everything for the train ride to Budapest in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment